ECONOMIC RESEARCH CENTER (CypERC)
THREE (3) SPECIAL SCIENTISTS (RESEARCH ASSOCIATES) – FULLY FUNDED PHOTO POSITIONS
Title: Special Scientists (Research Associates).
Number of positions: Three (3).
Category: Duration of the contract 3-5 years.
Workplace: University of Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus.
The Department of Economics and the Economics Research Center (CypERC) of the University of Cyprus would like to announce three (3) full-time Special Scientists (Research Associates) attached to the “SInnoPSis” project, which is funded by the program of the European Union “Horizon 2020” for Research and Innovation.
Employment will be contract-based, subject to satisfactory progress of relevant doctoral program requirements. SInnoPSis and the Department of Economics will fully cover fees and living expenses for up to five years. In addition to covering program fees, the doctoral gross monthly stipend for the first three years will be between €1523.06 and €1958.22, depending on merit and experience. (Employee contributions will be deducted from this amount). There is no provision for 13and Salary.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Doctoral candidates will be placed in the Center for Economic Research (CypERC), under the supervision of Professor Zacharias Maniadis, holder of the ERA Chair in Science and Innovation Policy and Studies, and will have the following responsibilities:
- Satisfy the requirements of the UCY PhD program in economics, in terms of credits and examinations.
- Participation in the design and implementation of the research as a collaborator of the supervisor and other members of the SInnoPSis team.
- Independent research is also encouraged.
- Participation in all research activities of the SInnoPSis team, including seminars, workshops and networking meetings.
- University degree and master’s degree in fields related to economics/management/statistics, with a strong economics component.
- Excellent performance in undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
- Excellent knowledge of English, both oral and written.
- An interest in the economics of science, the reproducibility of research or meta-science.
- Previous involvement in external grant-related activities.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Knowledge of Python is a strong asset.
- Knowledge of statistical software, such as STATA and/or R will be considered an advantage.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
All applicants are requested to submit the following information:
I. Complete up-to-date curriculum vitae (max 2 A4 pages) in English.
Official postgraduate and undergraduate transcripts. Applicants with degrees from non-English speaking countries must also provide proof of their English skills (language certificates, etc.)
A statement of purpose (max 2 A4 pages), discussing past achievements, research plans and career goals.
Two reference letters must be sent to us directly.
For more information, please contact Elli Theodoulou (Project Manager) or Zacharias Maniadis (ERA Chair Holder), on 22 89 4315 or by email.
At least the top three candidates who meet the required qualifications will be interviewed by a 3-member committee.
Candidates are informed of the outcome of their application by the competent entity.
The University of Cyprus collects and processes your personal data in accordance with the provisions of the General Personal Data Regulation 2016/679 (EU).