Title: Specialized Scientist for Research (Research Associate, Post-Doctoral Researcher)
extension number: Two (2)
Category: Employment contract
Location: University of Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus
The University of Cyprus KIOS Center of Excellence for Research and Innovation (www.kios.ucy.ac.cy) advertises two (2) Special Research Scientist positions for Ukrainian researchers for employment full time. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to conduct research under several European Union-funded KIOS CoE projects, including the flagship KIOS CoE Teaming project, the ERC Synergy Grant titled Water-Futures (https://waterfutures. eu), as well as national or industry-funded projects.
Who we are:
The KIOS Center of Excellence in Research and Innovation is the largest research center of the University of Cyprus and in 2017 it was transformed into a European Research Center of Excellence through the KIOS CoE Teaming project. Currently, the Center employs over 170 people who are supported by externally funded research and innovation projects. The KIOS CoE operates in a diverse environment as an equal opportunity employer.
What we do :
KIOS provides an inspiring environment to carry out high-level research and innovation in the field of information and communication technologies, with a focus on monitoring, control and security of critical infrastructures, including power and energy systems, water networks, transportation networks, telecommunications networks and emergencies. management and response. The Center encourages interdisciplinary interaction and promotes collaboration between industry, universities and research organizations in high-tech fields of global importance.
Why work at KIOS:
You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of large-scale projects with a significant impact on the community and the environment, not only locally but also on a global scale.
At KIOS, we strive to create a multicultural, diverse and inclusive workplace and we strongly support the continuous growth and development of staff, both personally and professionally, to achieve your long-term goals. We offer internal and external professional training, covering both technical and soft skills, tailored to your needs and those of the Centre.
Brief Description – Duties and Responsibilities:
Successful candidates will be responsible for conducting fundamental and/or applied research in the field of information and communication technologies with an emphasis on the monitoring, control, security and management of critical infrastructure systems. in order to produce knowledge and simultaneously promote KIOS CoE. Depending on their qualifications and expertise, successful candidates may be responsible for preparing reports and project deliverables, contributing to the preparation of research proposals, and assisting in the supervision of graduate and/or undergraduate students. Also, successful applicants are expected to publish their research findings in top international conferences and journals.
Profile of the ideal candidate:
- creative thinker
- Attention to detail
- A problem solver
- Team spirit
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Flexible and eager to learn
- Able to adapt in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Good communication, organizational and self-management skills
- Good knowledge of the English language
The skills and expertise required for the researchers sought include one or more of the following areas:
- Cybersecurity and physical cybersecurity
- Smart control
- machine learning
- Autonomous multi-agent systems
- Semantics and ontologies
- Internet of Things (IoT) Technology
- Security of industrial control systems
- Intelligent, reliable and secure embedded and real-time systems
- Edge Computing
- Monitoring and control of smart water networks or power and energy systems or smart transport systems or telecommunications networks or smart buildings
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or Computer Science or related field from an accredited institution
- PhD or equivalent in fields directly related to information and communication technologies or engineering and technology or natural, applied and social sciences.
Conditions of employment:
The position is on a contractual basis. Initially, a one-year contract will be offered, renewable based on performance. The gross monthly salary depends on the qualifications and experience of the candidate and will be between €1900 and €3200. From this amount, employee contributions to Cypriot government funds will be deducted. 13e the salary bonus is incorporated into the monthly salary. Maternity leave will be granted on the basis of the Social Insurance Laws from 1980 to 2012.
Interested candidates should submit the following online via the link: https://applications.ucy.ac.cy/recruitment
- Cover letter explaining the candidate’s interest in pursuing a career at KIOS CoE, as well as date of job availability
- Short summary of previous work experiences, activities and achievements (can be combined with cover letter) (2 pages maximum)
- Copies of BSc/MSc/PhD degree transcripts
- A detailed curriculum vitae in English or Greek
- The name and contact details of at least two references, who can provide reference letters upon request.
The University of Cyprus collects and processes your personal data in accordance with the provisions of the General Personal Data Regulation 2016/679 (EU).
Applications should be submitted as soon as possible, but no later than Thursday 30e June 2022, at 5 p.m. Evaluation of applications will begin immediately upon receipt. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by the KIOS CoE.
For more information, please contact the KIOS Center of Excellence, by phone at +357 22893460 or by email at [email protected]