- Full time | Contract
- Executive | Director
- Baccalaureate | Masters | Doctorate
- Singapore | Closing on February 04, 2022
Contract ending June 30, 2025
Singapore Management University is a place of high level professionalism and healthy friendliness. The “family” atmosphere within the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organize and play together – creating strong collegiality and good morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer compelling benefits and benefits, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities, all to meet the professional and personal needs of our staff. It is therefore not surprising that SMU continues to receive numerous awards and recognitions for the excellence of its human resources.
- This position is for Research in Successful Aging (ROSA).
- Planning, development and management of the panel’s methodological research program.
- Work closely with Research Assistant (Statistics) for cleaning, processing and publishing updated Singapore Life Panel (SLP) data conducted in STATA on a monthly basis.
- Improve the quality of the SLP dataset by building attrition weights, building new derived variables.
- Become familiar with the latest developments in panel survey methodology.
- Perform continuous analysis after each panel wave to monitor sample composition and attrition.
- Provide advice to researchers on the data available in the SLP and its appropriate treatment.
- Research and publications.
- Assist with data analysis, survey design and research support for academic studies.
- Preparation and dissemination of results through the preparation of reports, journal articles, policy briefs, presentations for the ROSA website and awareness-raising events (eg conferences, seminars, workshops).
- Publication of academic articles (Co-writing alongside researchers in economics / sociology / psychology).
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the research team.
- External commitments.
- Deal with requests for information from researchers and other interested parties related to the panel.
- Help document methodological practices for external audiences and stakeholders.
- Participate in awareness activities, including:
- a) Organize workshops, seminars, round tables and conferences;
- (b) Community awareness programs;
- (c) International research collaborations;
- (d) Fundraising activities with private and government organizations.
- Depending on their abilities and preferences, this person may also represent the Center externally, whether in the media, professional organizations, government or other forums.
- At least one degree / master’s degree required for the research associate.
- Minimum doctorate required for the researcher.
The Center would have the discretion to assign the selected candidate to the appropriate job level (with the corresponding job title) based on their qualifications and experience.