The Institute for Operational Research and Analysis (IORA) at the National University of Singapore (NUS) offers an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated research associate to work and manage analytical projects with our industry partners / agencies funding. The projects aim to develop new analytical tools using unique data sets and research and experimental development on machine learning techniques. Much of this role will focus on research related to the food supply chain.
Your project management and technical skills are the foundation of this role, as you will work within a multidisciplinary and international project team made up of leading researchers. As an important and integral member of our research team, you will manage some of our industrial projects and work closely with faculty members, scientific researchers and doctoral students. Your business knowledge, interpersonal and communication skills are therefore essential for you to flourish within a multifunctional management team.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or related disciplines with a specialization in AI / Machine Learning / Big Data
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced, “hands-on”, results-oriented environments.
- He / she will have a positive attitude and will be passionate about building and developing new ideas and models
- Experience in managing research projects
- Solid programming and application development
- Good writing and presentation skills.
- Possess good interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a collaborative team environment