About the Center for Quantum Technologies (CQT)
The Center for Quantum Technologies (CQT) is a research center of excellence at the National University of Singapore that does cutting-edge theoretical and experimental science. CQT is located on the National University of Singapore campus and offers a friendly and international working environment. Learn more about CQT at https://www.quantumlah.org/
At CQT, we develop next-generation hardware for quantum sensors. Our team is made up of researchers from a variety of scientific backgrounds, and we work at the forefront of developing technologies that improve current quantum sensors and make them applicable to solve challenging problems.
National Center for Quantum Computing – will pool the expertise and resources of the Center for Quantum Technologies at NUS, the Institute of High Performance Computing at A*STAR and the National Supercomputing Center Singapore (NSCC) in pursuit of a quantum computing strategy for Singapore. Quantum computing is a potentially disruptive innovation in information processing that promises applications in fields ranging from finance to chemistry as technology and know-how mature. The successful candidate will execute the NQCH objectives to build quantum computing capacity, talent and ecosystem in Singapore with a focus on applications. He will develop middleware and perform fundamental and applied research on algorithms related to industry.
In this role, you will design state-of-the-art control hardware for future quantum computers, which includes support for interfacing with PS nodes, implementation of feedback/error detection algorithm , adding real-time waveform update capability.
- Develop and maintain mixed-signal electronics for qubit control
- Design hardware for scalability and robustness
- Debug and troubleshoot cross-system issues
- Work with team researchers to effectively solve problems at hand.
- Min Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics/EEE Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer, preferably in high performance computing, hardware design and characterization.
- Proficiency in C/C++, Python and Java
- Experience with RFSoC FPGA programming using Verilog/VHDL for Xilinx and/or Altera devices.
- Experience in designing phase coherent RF signals.
- Good communication skills and ability to perform research in a collaborative environment, in synergy with other developers and researchers.
We will ensure competitive counting and a good work/life balance. Compensation is competitive and depends on expertise and skills.
For information and job details, please contact Rainer Dumke at [email protected] .
Please include your consent when completing the NUS Personal Data Consent for Job Applicants.
Type of employment : Fulltime
Applications can be submitted via the link below and should contain: latest CV and a letter of recommendation (if applicable).
We regret that only shortlisted candidates are notified.
Site: [[Nanyang Technological University (NTU)]]
Organization: [[National University of Singapore]]
department : [[Rainer Dumke Group, Centre for Quantum Technologies]]
job application ID : []