The National University of Singapore is inviting applications for Research Associate in the department of Obstetrics and Gynecology (O&G), Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The O&G department is dedicated to providing excellent and affordable patient care, supporting patient care through state-of-the-art medical practices informed by insights from cutting-edge clinical and translational research. Appointments will be made on a 2 years initial contract, with the possibility of extension to an administrative management position
The Research Associate will be responsible for and work closely with the Principal Investigator and study team members to coordinate research projects under This position is to provide administrative support as a Research Associate to Professor Zhang Cuilin, director of the Global Center for Asian Women’s Health. , NUS School of Medicine. The Center is research-intensive and involves global collaborations to advance women’s health, particularly in administrative support so that projects can run smoothly and achieve milestone goals. The Research Associate will work closely with Professor Zhang and various project stakeholders (e.g. PI, AR, clinics) to ensure the success of the project.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The Research Associate will liaise with relevant stakeholders for participant recruitment and data collection and will report to the Principal Investigator (PI).
The research associate will be able to:
- Support IRB application/administration and maintain investigator site file
- Conduct study recruitment, respond to general study inquiries, and verify study eligibility
- Conduct informed consent in accordance with Good Clinical Practices (GCP), Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) Guidelines and Human Biomedical Research Act (HBRA)
- Scheduling study screening and follow-up visits
- Perform study measurements, data and biological sample collection in accordance with SOPs
- Maintain regular communication with other team members in different study sites
- Manage research study databases, including data queries
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of data collection based on medical records and data entry
- Manage the schedules of PI, RA and recruitment subjects, so that projects run optimally, without incident and without major delays
- Plan appropriate coordination strategies to manage project requirements
- Provide effective and timely assistance to the Director in managing her schedule and meetings to ensure a smooth and organized workflow; Assist with matters related to the Director’s attendance at conferences/seminars and workshops
- Participate in travel arrangements, act as a claims assistant for travel, transportation and hospitality requests, so that the Director’s travel plans are well organized and hassle-free
- Able to develop own research interest embedded in Global Women’s Health Center and conduct analyzes of relevant studies for manuscripts
The applicant must:
- Master’s degree, preferably with knowledge/experience in public health, medicine and/or biology be able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative character, attention to detail;
- Proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Takes initiative and possesses strong problem-solving skills, ability to multi-task and be self-directed;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with high standards of integrity in handling confidential matters;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Tact, discretion and diplomacy to work with a diverse group of different cultures;
- Well-organized with good monitoring and follow-up capabilities under tight deadlines;
- Resourceful and comfortable in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our top priorities, and the COVID vaccination supports our commitment to keeping our community safe and making NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. . Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interaction with students/staff/audience members. Even for professional roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences will be required.
As per Singapore legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on NUS premises from January 15, 2022. Thus job applicants will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to gain successful employment with NUS .
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Obstetrics and Gynecology
Eligible Employee Referral: Nope
Job Application ID: 13750