The Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine (NUS) is recruiting a full-time Research Associate to work under the supervision of Prof. Yann Felix Boucher
- Daily laboratory management tasks such as inventorying supplies and samples, preparing culture media and solutions, autoclaving equipment, ordering supplies, and maintaining bacterial cultures and inventory
- Operate and maintain an anaerobic growth chamber
- Perform molecular biology and microbiology experiments as directed
- Manage metagenomes and isolate databases
- To perform other related tasks, accessories to the work described here.
- Laboratory work will take place at Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine on the main NUS
- An M.Sc. in microbiology or a related field
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English
- Basic skills in molecular biology (PCR, gel electrophoresis, sequencing)
- Experience in bacterial culture
- Experience with anaerobic microbes an asset
- Highly organized and able to work effectively under pressure, use independent judgment and produce a quality work product under tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
Applicants must include the following documents in their application:
- Cover letter highlighting relevant experience and career goals
- Curriculum Vitae, containing details of three appointed arbitrators
- A full NUS Personal Data Consent for Job Applicants (the form is available at NUS Personal Data Consent for Job Applicants)
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our top priorities, and the COVID vaccination supports our commitment to keeping our community safe and making NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. . Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interaction with students/staff/audience members. Even for professional roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence will be required.
Considering the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone on campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to gain successful employment with NUS .
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Referral of eligible employee: No
Job Application ID: 15274