The Department of Communications and New Media, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, National University of Singapore (NUS) is recruiting for a Research Associate for a project. The project aims to document, research and analyze work-from-home trends and practices in Singapore, while working with a multidisciplinary team. This is a full-time position based in Singapore.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- perform literature reviews and assist in data analysis;
- manage multiple databases of data;
- project management;
- support the development and management of a household survey;
- extract social media data as well as digital platform analysis supporting work from home;
- conduct interviews with stakeholders and other participants;
- document and analyze research data;
- contribute to the elaboration of scientific articles and the dissemination of the results of the study.
- Expression of Interest (include relevant experience and skills)
- Study certificates and transcripts
- Complete list of publications
- Three reference letters
Skills and Qualifications
The nominated candidate must:
- hold at least a bachelor’s degree in urban studies, social sciences, communications or a related field
- be proficient in quantitative and qualitative research methods and analyzes
- the ideal candidate should have an eye for detail, good project management skills, and good writing and communication skills.
Location: Kent Ridge
Organization: National University of Singapore
department : Communications and new media, FASS
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our top priorities and the COVID vaccination supports our commitment to keeping our community safe and making NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interaction with students/staff/public members. Even for professional roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence will be required.
As of January 15, 2022, based on Singapore legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on NUS premises. As such, we regret to advise that job applicants must be fully immunized against COVID-19 for successful employment with NUS.
MOM Updated notice on COVID vaccination in the workplace, subject to change in accordance with national measures against COVID-19