The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Research Associate (Clinical Data Scientist) post, in the Translational research program on healthy longevity, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, with affiliation with the National University Health Center (NUHS) for Healthy Longevity.
The Center for Healthy Longevity (CHL), one of the 6 Centers of Excellence of the National University Health System (NUHS), aims to be a leading institute for research and translation in gerosciences globally, renowned to translate research into practice to improve health.
The CHL is looking for a Research Associate (Clinical Data Scientist) to develop comprehensive human research databases for its clinical research projects. The candidate will work with large amounts of highly complex electronic health data from multiple sources including biomedical health records, clinical and molecular readings, etc. One of the main goals is to develop the technical infrastructure to support a growing database.
The position requires experience in managing large datasets, data linkage, quantitative analysis of large observational, cross-sectional and longitudinal cohort datasets and intervention trials. The candidate will work closely with the Healthy Longevity Translational Research Program and CHL research team to design the data collection and management strategy for the research studies.
Commitments will initially be made on a 2-year contract, with the possibility of extension.
duties and responsibilities
- Work with the management team, scholarship researchers to develop a research database in line with NUS / NUHS F data policy guidelines
- formulate quality data collection techniques to ensure the adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of the data
- Establish rules and procedures for the sharing, retention and management of data
- Identify, manage and track issues, risks and dependencies that affect the delivery of project results
- Support the research team in the daily use of data systems and ensure compliance with legal and corporate standards
- Assist with reports and data extraction as needed
- Monitor and analyze information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways to improve them (new technologies, upgrades, etc.)
- Ensure that clinical databases and archives are protected against security breaches and data loss
- Develop a data visualization framework, models for CHL
MSc / MA in Computer Science, Data Analysis, Health Statistics or relevant field
- The candidate must have at least 3 years of experience with demonstrated competence at the junior management level
- Excellent communication skills to facilitate interdisciplinary work
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution, etc.)
- Familiar with modern database information systems technologies (REDCAP is a plus)
- Proficiency in statistical software (SPSS, SAS, Graphpad, etc.)
- Analytical mind with problem solving skills
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please submit your application, indicating current / expected salary, accompanied by a detailed CV (including personal data, academic and professional background, full list of publications / oral presentations and full contact details of 3 referees).
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Site: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
department : Dean’s office (Medicine)
Eligible for employee recommendation: No
Job Application ID: 7611