- Estimate future emissions from international shipping under different scenarios
- Monitor ongoing emission reduction measures/policies in international shipping
- Develop a simulation model for impact assessment
- Analyze the potential impacts of various combinations of emission reduction measures, the adoption of carbon-free fuels and/or emission reduction regulations
- Contribute to research publications and funding proposals
- Assist in the administration and management of the research project, including the preparation of presentations and other duties assigned by the PI.
- Possess a master’s degree or higher in industrial systems engineering, technology management, marine engineering, systems engineering, or other related quantitative research fields.
- A good understanding of and interest in the nature of international shipping and the use of energy in international shipping
- Relevant research experience in program projection, particularly in the marine industry
- Preferably with strong modeling and programming skills
- Able to work independently and in a team.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our top priorities, and the COVID vaccination supports our commitment to keeping our community safe and making NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. . Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interaction with students/staff/audience members. Even for professional roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence will be required.
As per Singapore legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on NUS premises from January 15, 2022. Thus job applicants will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to gain successful employment with NUS .