The National University of Singapore is inviting applications for a Research Associate position, in the Healthy Longevity Translational Research ProgramYong Loo Lin School of Medicine, with National University Health System (NUHS) affiliation Center for Healthy Longevity. Appointments will be made on a 2-year contract initially, with the possibility of extension.
The Center for Healthy Longevity (CHL), one of the 6 Centers of Excellence of the National University Health System (NUHS), aims to be a leading institute for geroscience research and translation globally, renowned to translate research into practice to improve health.
The Research Associate will play a key role in the administration and coordination of projects to ensure that all milestones and deliverables are met. Building and maintaining strong relationships with clinical partners and academic stakeholders, through managing meetings and creating high quality oral and written communication content, is essential for this position. The role will suit someone with strong writing skills, administrative and communications experience and data processing experience, who can enthusiastically engage internal and external stakeholders, and enjoys managing multiple demands and competing deadlines. The research coordinator will work closely with Professor Andrea B. Maier and the multidisciplinary team of researchers from the Center for Healthy Longevity.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The research associate must:
- Provide a range of administrative support services to the clinical CHL group to manage all aspects of project administration, including financial administration, general administration, stakeholder engagement and coordination of communications content;
- Work closely with clinical members of the CHL to design and implement research priorities, including assisting in the preparation of grant proposals, ethical applications, governance documents and publications;
- Point of contact for staff involved in research activities, including, for example, participant inclusion, databases;
- Assist in the establishment and coordination of consumer advisory groups and public engagement events;
- Help maintain websites and social media engagement;
- Provide a point of contact regarding clinical research activities on CHL for external stakeholders and students;
- Cooperate with other (international) research groups;
The applicant must have:
- Masters degree in a relevant (biomedical) field with an understanding of aging
- Understanding of clinical trials and/or longitudinal observational studies
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to undertake a range of tasks simultaneously
- Ability to monitor job-related standards, guidelines and principles
- High level of verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex information in an easily understandable format for a variety of audiences;
- Have an investigative nature and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and take initiative when required
- Ability to work independently and within a multidisciplinary team linking different fields (e.g. epidemiology, biogerontology)
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Formal request: Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, together with a detailed CV (including personal details, academic and professional background, full list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 3 referees).
We regret that only shortlisted candidates are notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our top priorities and the COVID vaccination supports our commitment to keeping our community safe and making NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interaction with students/staff/public members. Even for professional roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence will be required.
As of January 15, 2022, based on Singapore legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on NUS premises. As such, we regret to inform you that job applicants must be fully immunized against COVID-19 for successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department: Dean’s office (medicine)
Eligible Employee Referral: Nope
Job Application ID: 11684