The Singapore University of Social Sciences is inviting applications for a full-time research assistant/associate position for one year. The research assistant will work closely on a research project that examines how university teachers collaboratively acquire knowledge about teaching in a designed professional development program and how the program affects their epistemic beliefs, conceptions of teaching and learning and their pedagogical practices.
- Oversee the general management and administration of the project (e.g. arranging meetings and recording meeting minutes)
- Participate in literature review, data collection and analysis.
- Participate in the preparation of the progress report and the final report of the project
- Work on other tasks assigned by project managers.
- Hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. educational technology, learning sciences, educational psychology)
- Have experience in educational research; familiar with qualitative and/or quantitative research methods
- Demonstrate ability to propose, design and implement appropriate research instruments
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Be able to work collaboratively in a team
- Have good oral and written communication skills