The appointee will provide support for projects related to Maternal-Fetal Medicine with an emphasis on the role of the placenta in maternal endocrine conditions such as gestational diabetes.
The National University of Singapore is inviting applications for a research associate in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. This department has strong research programs in all areas of women’s health, integrating basic scientific research with translational clinical research and randomized controlled trials (https://medicine.nus.edu.sg/obgyn/#) . Appointments will be made on a 12 months initially on a contractual basis, with the possibility of extension if necessary.
The Research Associate will be responsible for and work closely with the Principal Investigator and study team members to ensure successful completion of projects in the department’s laboratory on the NUS main campus.
This position will provide an opportunity to learn more about different aspects of clinical and laboratory research. The position is suitable for someone who is passionate about science and willing to learn new skills and techniques.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The Research Associate will work closely with Research Fellows, Research Technicians and Research Coordinators. He/she will report directly to the Principal Investigator (PI).
The RA will:
- Oversee the general management of projects, provide administrative and secretarial support to projects, such as organizing regular meetings to maintain regular communication with other members of the research team;
- Undertake day-to-day management of work in the laboratory, including processing of tissue and blood samples, performing cell/tissue cultures, various molecular biology experiments under the supervision of research fellows;
- Collection of samples from hospitals and maintenance of sample catalogs, sample tracking and data collection,
- Ensure that health and safety requirements are met, track maintenance of laboratory equipment and perform general administrative tasks to ensure the smooth running of the laboratory;
- Assist in the preparation of progress reports and final project reports;
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures;
- Participate in any other task of a similar nature delegated by the PI.
The applicant must:
- Hold a master’s degree in nursing/medicine or related disciplines; preferably with some research experience;
- have at least 3 years of experience working in wet labs in biomedical sciences
- be able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative spirit, have an eye for detail; and
- have knowledge of computer applications, e.g. MS office, PowerPoint.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our top priorities and the COVID vaccination supports our commitment to keeping our community safe and making NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interaction with students/staff/audience members. Even for professional roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence will be required.
As of January 15, 2022, based on Singapore legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on NUS premises. As such, we regret to inform you that job applicants must be fully immunized against COVID-19 for successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department: Obstetrics and Gynecology
Eligible Employee Referral: Nope
Job Application ID: 10531