The Institute of Operations Research and Analytics (IORA) at the National University of Singapore (NUS) offers an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Research Associate to work and manage analytics projects with our industry/agency partners of financing. The projects aim to develop new analytical tools using unique datasets and research and experimental development on machine learning techniques. Much of this role will focus on research relating to the food supply chain.
Your project management and technical skills are the basis of this role as you will work within a multidisciplinary and international project team of leading researchers. As an important and integral member of our research team, you will manage some of our industrial projects and work closely with faculty members, researchers and PhD students. Your business knowledge, interpersonal and communication skills are therefore essential to thrive within a multi-functional management team.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related disciplines with specialization in Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning/Big Data
- The candidate must be able to work in fast-paced, “hands-on” and results-oriented environments.
- He/she will have a positive attitude and be passionate about building and developing new ideas and models
- Experience in managing research projects
- Solid programming and application development
- Good writing and presentation skills.
- Possess good interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a collaborative team environment