Institute of Energy Studies
The Energy Studies Institute (ESI) is a research institute of the National University of Singapore that seeks to advance understanding of energy policy issues by conducting independent research and analysis. We are looking for researchers to join a multidisciplinary team conducting research projects on a range of energy issues of concern to Singapore and the region.
ESI has research vacancies in the fields of energy system modeling and analysis, environmental science, or other related quantitative research fields.
- Develop and contribute to energy and environmental systems research that contributes to the development of energy policies for Singapore and the region.
- Participate in and lead research projects on topics related to energy security, climate change mitigation and low emissions development.
- Produce policy reports and publish articles in reputable academic journals.
- Cultivate networks, initiate collaborations and prepare funding proposals.
- Perform administrative tasks, including the organization of seminars, workshops and conferences, and other relevant tasks.
- Possess a PhD in the fields of energy and climate change, economics, management sciences, energy systems modeling, environmental engineering or other related quantitative research fields.
- At least 2 years of experience in one of the above fields.
- Relevant research experience using quantitative tools/computer programs. Good knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Python, Matlab and R) would be an advantage.
- A good understanding of and interest in energy and environmental issues, such as energy supply, demand and trade, cross-border power grids, energy security, energy and the environment, carbon emissions and climate change.
- Relevant research experience in the areas of climate change, energy systems modelling, energy sector analysis, life cycle analysis or operations research. A track record of publications in reputable energy, environmental and/or systems modeling journals would be an advantage.
- Relevant professional and practical experience in industry or government agencies in the field of energy and environment would be very valuable.
- Able to work independently and in a team.
To apply for this position, please combine the following documents into 1 PDF and attach it under the CV column when submitting your application:
- Curriculum vitae
- A cover letter, no longer than 800 words, explaining the candidate’s previous research experience and skills in relation to the research project
Interested candidates, please submit your application with all required documents. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Shortlisted candidates may be called for an interview, either in person or via zoom, as appropriate. If you have not heard from us within 3 months, you should assume that your application has not been successful.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our top priorities, and the COVID vaccination supports our commitment to keeping our community safe and making NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. . Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interaction with students/staff/audience members. Even for professional roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences will be required.
As per Singapore legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on NUS premises from January 15, 2022. Thus job applicants will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to gain successful employment with NUS .
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Institute of Energy Studies
Department: Institute of Energy Studies